Monday 26 October 2015

Drawing the Detectives



Starting with the Golden Canon, I wanted to reflect the history of good book design within a contemporary visual. 

I like the appearance of black/white contrast, and the ambiguity and mystery that accompanies it. It's often used in mystery and crime novels and publications that want to draw your attention and make you think. 


I wanted visual storytelling to play a part too - I didn't just want it to be a chalk outline of a body, but one which clearly referenced a library. 














I alternated between black and white to fill the bookshelves to convey a sense of mystery and intrigue. It makes the design look fast and urgent as if its travelling through space, but it also begs the question: "where the hell is everything?"




No comments:

Post a Comment