Thursday 21 April 2016

Physical Creation Process


In lieu of digital print methods I chose screenprinting as my method of production because it was the easiest (and in some cases only) traditional method of bringing my desired concepts to reality, and because it is a print process which I hadn't yet explored and was determined to try.  




Buying a large amount of stock allowed me to experiment with the look and feel of the note, as well as allowing space for mishaps like the one pictured above.


I experimented with a large amount of different stock choices, from traditional Italian paper to heavy plastic and tracing paper. I needed a material which would make sense for use as a banknote fit for fictional future use. 


If too much ink gets into the screen you have very little option but to keep running over test prints on scrap paper until it has been dispersed. 




Above you can see the consequences of too much ink getting through

Below are some test pieces on opaque plastic



No comments:

Post a Comment