Wednesday 2 March 2016

Large Publication: Northumberland Photobook

I had many ideas for my large publication, including mountains and exploration, survival, and the future (incorporating elements such as climate change, renewable energy, technology, transportation and space exploration).


Eventually, however, I decided to go with an idea which stuck in my mind throughout my concept exploration: a photobook of places around Northumberland. It will be inspired by the likes of Another Escape and 1924us, and will feature photographs of landscapes around the area taken by me and my dad.

This front cover idea pays homage to the thick white borders employed by Another Escape, as does the size of the publication, which is slightly wider than A4. 




The emotional effect created by the black and white imagery, as well as the constructivist typography, maybe creates an appearance that I'm not quite looking for. 




No comments:

Post a Comment